CLMA offers materials in multiple languages at all library locations. Our multilingual collections includes materials for all ages in a range of print, A/V, and digital formats in the following languages:
- عربى | Arabic
- Nederlands | Dutch
- Français | French
- Polski | Polish (new!)
- Español | Spanish
- українська | Ukrainian
The Library hopes to expand the multilingual collection to include more languages soon.
Searching for Materials
Browse the collections in any branch, or search for and place holds on materials in using our online catalogue.
Search for materials in:
Access eBooks, eAudio, newspapers, and more in multiple languages using our eCollection:
- OverDrive eBooks and eAudiobooks for children, adults and teens
- When looking at search results, use the filters on the left to limit by a wide variety of languages;
- To access the French interface, click the language drop-down menu in the top right.
- hoopla eBooks, eAudiobooks, comics, and streaming media
- Click the 'advanced search' option at the top to search by a wide variety of languages
- PressReader eNewspapers and eMagazines
- Click the 'advanced search' option at the top to search by a wide variety of languages.
Learn a new language, anytime, anywhere! Sign in as a guest, or create an account to save your progress. You can also download the Transparent Languages app!
French, Spanish, German, Italian, Dutch, Farsi, Urdu, Hindi, Cantonese, Mandarin, Tagalog, and many more are available, including different dialects and Indigenous languages such as Ojibwe, Cree, Dakota, Denesuline, and Gwich’in. Please see the Transparent Languages blog post for more information regarding the Indigenous languages available and how the courses were developed.
eBooks for eKids! TumbleBooks are created by taking picture books by popular authors and adding animation, sound, music, narration, and even interactive games. Children can read the text and turn the pages themselves, or listen and have the pages advance automatically.
Please note that authentication with a Library card number is now required to access this resource.
For more, please see the French and Languages section of our Research & Homework Help page.