The Read Local collection showcases self-published or micro-published works!
Titles in this collection may be by authors from the Durham Region, take place in the Durham Region, or demonstrate a strong local interest.
Check out the sections below if you'd like to become a part of our Read Local collection!
Read Local Collection Guidelines
- Authors must be from the Region of Durham, the book must take place in the Region of Durham, and/or otherwise demonstrate a strong local interest.
- Each request must include a donated copy of the title as well as a completed submission form.
- Each title will be added at the discretion of the CPLMA.
- Materials that are donated become the property of the Clarington Public Library, Museums & Archives, and as such, cannot be returned to the donor.
- At the discretion of the CPLMA, a work may be considered for purchase if published reviews in standard sources are available, or if there is sufficient demand. To be considered for purchase, the title must be made available through the Library’s vendor(s).
- All books should have an ISBN.
- Works must be bound to withstand the rigors of circulation.
- A basic record will be created in the Library catalogue allowing borrowers to access the item by title or author. The Library will absorb the cost of processing. Items will be subject to the de-selection (weeding/withdrawal) activities.
- At this time, the CPLMA is only able to accept printed/ physical copies of works. Electronic works must be available for purchase through the CPLMA’s vendor and adhere to the Collections and Materials Selection Policy (ADM 03).